I am still not happy with the storage and space in my little workshop so most my time has been spent rearranging and building storage. Organization and efficiency are two things I’ve been working on this year. I’m struggling a bit but I think I am way better than I used to be.
I had created some drawers out of scrap wood earlier this year and I have decided to do it again. I didn’t use metal drawer slides because I am trying to save money on the cost. The drawers rest on wood strips attached to the side walls. The result is a cheap drawer system that works reasonably well. Of course, more effort is necessary to open and shut the drawers but it’s not as difficult as one might expect. A smooth sanded finish on the strips and the bottom of the drawers helps.
My workbench has an old, large desk attachment sitting on it that provides shelves for storage. Originally I liked the idea of no-effort-needed shelving but recently it’s becoming more of an annoyance. I’m not sure how much longer it will survive before I decide to get rid of it to create a more functional system.
I will be documenting the process of building a new storage system. I have a feeling I’ll be creating some custom cabinets.